Williams Plumbing, Heating & Air is looking for a highly motivated General Manager to join our team. We need someone who is motiving and can motivate others to achieve success. Oversee several elements within the business such as hiring, operating budgets, launching price promotions that could attract more customers.
As General Manager you will work as a lead component of a dynamic and extremely passionate team, demonstrating motivational and technical competency to help train and build our technicians into extraordinary service men, top level customer service skills to provide customers with our guarantee for “unmatched quality through traditional service,” leadership abilities to maintain positive working relationships to create a successful company culture, and managerial accountability in order to ensure the desired company metrics.
You will work both one-on-one and in a team environment with all field and office staff to ensure that quality service is being carried through from beginning to end with every call. You will be a support staff, coach, and mentor for our team of young technicians, installers, and helpers, guiding them, as well as yourself to successful futures with Williams Plumbing, Heating & Air.
The position will be based out of our main office location in Greensboro North Carolina.
Responsibilities for this position are as follows but not limited to:
- Know technician skill levels.
- Schedule and conduct training and safety meetings on a weekly, monthly schedule.
- Schedule and conduct ride-a-longs
- Keep up with truck maintenance and stock on trucks
- Attend Management Meetings
- Review technician key performance indicators and conduct meeting with technicians individually to review.
- Follow up on technician paperwork, data entry on invoices.
- Assist in the development of company service processes and training.
- Work with dispatchers for scheduling calls, getting the right techs to the right calls, customer service and follow up calls. Dispatchers Office Manager and General Manager will work together for overall technician, office staff accountability.
- Assist with hiring process of new staff members as the company grows.
- Work with staff not only on employee retention ideas but customer retention.
Requirements for this position:
- Highly helpful if candidate has background in the plumbing and HVAC, industry working with technicians.
- Computer literate
- Ability to adapt to new software and updates within the software program.
- Ability to not only work with staff using desk top computers but the field staff and their Ipads as they work throughout the day.
- Organized, Motivated, Flexible with a Positive, Can-Do Attitude with exceptional follow up abilities.
- Ability to coach others with enthusiasm and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong values in providing ethical and exceptional customer service
- Proven track record in a growing company revenue through honest and reliable customer service.
- Strong leadership and management abilities
- Team Player
- Clean background check.
- Clean drug tests.
- Current Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.